British American Tobacco Zambia is currently looking for a passionate professional to join our team in Lusaka, as Head of Legal and External Affairs. .
- Ensure compliance with laws of Zambia
- Formuate and render legal advice to the company
- Act as Company Secretary and in particular inter alia:
- providing the directors of the company collectively and individually with guidance as to their duties, responsibilities and powers
- preparation for board/general meeting and ensuring that minutes of all shareholders’ meetings, board meetings and the meetings of any committees of the directors, or of the company’s audit committee, are properly recorded in accordance with the Companies Act
- Lead and support development of campaign plans for priority regulatory issues
- Drive business awareness of emerging regulatory issues and trends through cross-functional engagement and training so that the business can predict regulatory threats and implement plans to mitigate their impacts and/or adapt business strategy as appropriate
- Manage key suppliers/internal contracts
- Provide strategic insights to marketing to ensure minimum impact/disruption to Brand / Trade Marketing & Distribution strategy in a challenging and dynamic regulatory environment.
- At least 5 years experience of a high-pressure business environment
- At least 3 years of experience on specific issues relating to CORA
- Experience in heading up similar projects in other group companies (preferable FMCG’s)
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness
- Ability to engage, lobby and communicate to drive positive change in tobacco control environment
- A good understanding of business sustainability and its role in supporting the corporate strategy and plans
- Strong leadership skills and team management skills. Able to motivate and inspire a senior management team
- Able to think and operate strategically at all levels
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to influence key internal stakeholders
- Multi-dimensional thinking
- Strong team player
- Strong communication skills
- Open minded
- See challenges rather than problems
- Excellent ability to deal with stress
- Entrepreneur and innovative spirit
British American Tobacco is one of the world’s leading multinational companies, with brands sold in over 200 markets, made in 44 factories in 42 countries.
We are proud that we are consistently among the top 5 companies on the London Stock Exchange.
Our portfolio includes our world-famous Global Drive Brands – Dunhill, Kent, Lucky Strike, Pall Mall and Rothmans – along with many other leading international brands, such as Vogue, Peter Stuyvesant and State Express 555.
Alongside our traditional tobacco business, we are also developing products that offer consumers potentially less risky alternatives to regular cigarettes. Our Next Generation Products are already leading the way in the Industry of vapour and tobacco heating devices. We continue to develop a solid portfolio of consumer solutions which already include well known global brands like Vype, glo and Voke.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The last day for application is 22nd of July 2018