Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions:
A. FINANCIAL MARKETS DEPARTMENT
ANALYST – MARKET INTEGRITY (HO) (1 POST)
GRADE: BOZ 5
To monitor the foreign exchange market system so as to maintain participants’ trust in the operations and integrity of the financial market.
- Collecting, arranging and analyzing data about the foreign exchange market in order to gain valuable insight into the workings of the market infrastructure and its operators.
- Produce monthly market intelligence reports using findings from existing data sets in order to understand the drivers behind evolving changes in the foreign exchange market
- Support and contribute to a regular in-depth analysis of key market players to understand how they are executing their strategies and how these impact on the efficiency of the foreign exchange market
- Assess financial market participants’ compliance with laid-down rules and regulations relevant for the operation of the foreign exchange market.
- Investigate, collate, analyse and disseminate any other tailored market intelligence
- Evaluate activities of market participants to confirm that those activities comply with regulatory standards as well as any voluntary standards and practices.
- Working with relevant units when a bank is introducing new products or redesigning of existing ones
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA in Economics; Banking and Finance/ACCA/CIMA/ACT/CFA or equivalent with 3 years’ experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Good writing and communication skills.
- Good research and analytical skills.
- Computer skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working as an analyst
- Strong data interpreting skills
- Professional qualifications such as ACI are an added advantage
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned not later than Monday, 6th August 2018.
Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director – Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
P.O BOX 30080