Supply Chain Logistics Specialist – Warehouse Operations & Distribution | Chemonics International Inc. | Lusaka, Zambia | Full Time
Job Title: Supply Chain Logistics Specialist – Warehouse Operations & Distribution
Reporting to: Supply Chain Logistics Manager
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work as part of a team to meet project objective focused on strengthening supply chain operations and infrastructure;
- Provide warehousing operations technical assistance by identifying opportunities to optimize warehousing practices;
- Implement warehouse optimization interventions to increase efficiency and quality of warehouse operations;
- Conduct transportation assessments and determine optimal distribution mechanisms for efficient and timely delivery of commodities to the service delivery point (SDPs).
- Work with supply chain partners in country to conduct storage capacity requirements at the district and health facility level to optimize storage space for adequately holding of health pharmaceutical and health commodities;
- Support expansion of storage space at central, district, and facility level in order to match with the ever growing demands due to increased health facilities in the country and the rapid scale-up to meet the 95-95-95 universal test and treat initiative;
- Supervise supply chain logistics officers including monitoring professional development plans and conducting annual performance appraisals with supervisees to enhance quality of standard outputs and perform tasks effectively.
- Assist the supply chain logistic team in meeting all contract deliverables for the overall achievement of the project objectives;
- Adhere to annual work plans and budgets, which are based on project resources and intended annual and life of project targets set per Government of Zambia and USG priorities, for prudent utilization of resources.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build culture of “Living our Values” within the team.
- Follow all USAID regulations and Chemonics policies, and quality management best practices consistently.
- Other activities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, inventory management or related is field required.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working in supply chain management and managing logistics/warehousing activities;
- Knowledge of USAID and experience working on USAID-funded health programs strongly preferred;
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills;
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity;
- Fluency in English required.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job email your details to PSMZambiaRecruitment@ghsc-psm.org