Scheme Accountant | NAPSA | Lusaka, Zambia | Full Time
NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme wishes to recruit an Accountant for the Scheme to be based in Lusaka. This is a senior position reporting to the Pension Administrator who is the Chief Executive Officer for the Scheme. NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme is an independent institution from National Pension Scheme Authority managing the occupation pension for the employees of NAPSA. The successful applicant will need to demonstrate relevant experience of having a similar environment.
SCHEME ACCOUNTANT (GRADE SPF 002)
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To plan, coordinate, implement and control financial functions of the pension Scheme in order to meet the financial objectives within the overall objective of the Scheme.
- To prepare Books of Accounts for the pension Scheme in accordance with internationally accepted standards
- To prepare management accounts to facilitate decision making in a timely manner.
- To maintain the Asset Register in order to ensure that all assets are properly accounted for.
- To prepare year end accounts schedules for statutory audits.
- To prepare cash flow forecast to ensure that timely investment decisions are made.
- To maintain cashbooks for the Pension Fund and ensure that these are updated on a timely manner.
- Preparation of annual budget and business plans to define management strategies within the policy guidelines defined by the Board of Trustees and production of variance analysis
- To ensure that Pension contributions are received on a timely basis from the employer and these are appropriately accounted for.
- To develop and implement adequate and effective internal control systems and procedures in order to safeguard the assets of the Scheme.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Grade 12 with 5 “O” levels including English and Mathematics
- Full ACCA, CIMA or ZICA or Degree in Accountancy
- Minimum of five (5) years post qualifying experience with a reputable organization.
- Considerable experience with Sage accounting package
- Detailed knowledge of IFRS Proven record of accounting for investments is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages e.g. word, excel and PowerPoint
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Must be of high integrity
Interested candidates meeting the above qualifications must send their Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant qualifications including current contact telephone numbers and three (03) traceable references to: –
The Pension Fund Administrator
NAPSA Staff Pension Scheme
Plot No. 40 Bwinjimfumu Road
P O Box 51275 LUSAKA
Closing date: 11th August 2018
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to.