Engineering Spectrum Planning and Licensing | ZICTA | Lusaka, Zambia | Full Time
Responsible for planning, coordinating and notifying the use of radio spectrum and to carry out the licensing function of the use of the radio spectrum within the provisions of the spectrum licensing procedures and guidelines.
- Plans of the radio spectrum in accordance with local, regional and international regulations.
- Maintains and revises the national spectrum master plan and subsidiary band plans.
- Undertakes or cause to undertake frequency co-ordination and notifications.
- Analyses international frequency information circulars, the BRIFIC from ITU.
- Carries out radio spectrum utilization audits.
- Undertakes stakeholder liaison on matters of spectrum planning and licensing and to offer consultancy.
- Processes or cause to be processed radio license applications as specified in spectrum licensing procedures and guidelines.
- Manages radio licenses employing the established radio license management tools.
- Undertakes research to ensure RSM and stakeholders receive proper consultancy and advice on matters of spectrum planning and licensing, policy formulation and utilization, and general policy.
- Performs other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics or electrical engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the telecommunications industry or sector.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work, communicate and liaise with a range of individuals, enterprises, community and statutory agencies
- Local laws and regulations pertaining to the radio spectrum and ICT in general
- Ability and availability to work flexibly when required to do so
To apply please visit www.zicta.zm.