an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation implementing emergency response project focusing on Livelihoods of newly arrived refugees from DRC and host community in Nchelenge District, Luapula, is looking for a
AGRICULTURE LIVELIHOODS FIELD OFFICER
- Support and assist the Agriculture Officer
- Ensure implementation of activities according to project document such as agriculture related capacity building and technical support of small scale farmers, training and technical support in Conservation Agriculture, support in development of agribusinesses, value addtion and value-chains development, vegetable gardens & small livestock production, organization of trainings, market linkages, monitoring &follow-up, land management and agroforestry, beekeeping, development of training materials etc.
- Maintain necessary project administration
- Report regularly, draw up action plans, assessment of progress, formulation of new project opportunities, proactive approach to secure new funds, etc.
- tertiary education (university/college degree in agriculture, agronomy, marketing or any related subject)
- min 2 years of proven experience in agriculture-related sector and cooperatives, experience in value-chains and agro-processing is an advantage
- proven experience in project implementation, preferably development projects will be considered
- experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- fluent in English and Bemba – written and spoken, Swahili is an advantage
- excellent computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and internet
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- excellent organizational and coordination skills
- good time management, commitment, team worker, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure and in challenging environment
- Motorcycle driving license is an advantage
Duty station: Mantapala and Nchelenge, Nchelenge District, Luapula Province, Zambia
Starting date: Immediately
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 27th August 2018 17:00 to the following email address: email@example.com. or at our office (23,Mwalule Road,Northmead Lusaka). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Livelihoods Field Officer – Nchelenge.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Livelihoods Field Officer – Nchelenge– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Livelihoods Field Officer – Nchelenge – cover letter
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage