an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, implementing emergency response project focusing on Livelihoods of newly arrived refugees from DRC and host community, is looking for a
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
- Support and assist the Project Coordinator & Entrepreneurship Trainer
- Identifying opportunities and innovative approaches to support livelihood business activities in the refugee camp and host communities
- Enable individuals, groups and business associations and communities to identify their needs and encourage involvement in livelihood business activities.
- Support the development of existing businesses, the establishment of business groups and the formation of community focused networks.
- Ensure management of day-to-day implementation of entrepreneurship-related project activities according to project document such as organization and facilitation of trainings, workshops, supervising saving and landing circles, management of revolving fund, local market area development, market linkages, linkages to financial institutions, mentoring and follow-up of businesses, etc.
- Supervise Livelihoods Mentors on couching businesses, activity planning and their implementation
- Maintain necessary project administration and documentation
- Participate on regular reports, draw up action plans, assessment of progress, formulation of new project opportunities, etc.
- Tertiary education – university/college degree in business, economics, agronomics, business administration, marketing, social sciences (preferably in enterprise development and vocational training) or any other related subject)
- At least 4 years of practical experience with livelihoods and income generating activities, of which at least two year should be closely related to development of rural enterprises and business development
- Experience with humanitarian and emergency responses is an advantage
- experience with project implementation
- experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- fluent in English and Bemba – written and spoken, Swahili and French are an advantage
- good computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- excellent organizational and communication skills
- integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- good time management, commitment, team worker, innovative, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure
- Motorcycle driving license is an advantage
Duty station: Mantapala and Nchelenge, Nchelenge District, Luapula Province, Zambia
Starting date: September 2018
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by 27th August 2018 17:00 to the following email address: email@example.com at our office (23, Mwalule Road, Northmead Lusaka). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please use the following subject in your email/post: Business Development– Nchelenge. For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Business Development Officer – Nchelenge– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Business Development Officer – Nchelenge – cover letter
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage