Ndola Trust School Limited is an eminent education facility, located on Freedom Way, in Kansenshi area of Ndola District, Zambia. The School was opened in 1973 by the Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines (ZCCM) to cater for Primary Education for Ndola residents. The School, which has now changed management, offers quality education and a pristine environment for children from Reception to Secondary, following the Zambian Curriculum Framework.
The School is interested in hiring an experienced individual to fill the position of School Principal to manage the operations of the School and provide strong leadership to teachers and members of staff.
The Principal’s responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Develop and promote robust and innovative educational policies for the betterment of academic standards;
- Develop and promote rigorous sustainable school development plans;
- Create and promote benchmarks for the pupils and teachers that encourage self-evaluation and progression towards set goals;
- Identify needs and lead initiatives from the School’s development plans;
- Take a leading role in integration of the national curriculum development in the school and be responsible for its quality and effectiveness;
- Work alongside Deputy Principals to develop, monitor and evaluate the roles and responsibilities of academic and supporting staff in school;
- Advise management on matters of the law of education and on modern educational trends;
- Initiate learning partnerships with international and local organizations for the furtherance of educational and social goals;
- Augment the relations between the School and the Parent-Teachers Association; and
- Promote and Implement the objectives and goals of the School.
- Form 5/Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels or equivalent;
- Bachelor of Arts or Science with Education;
- Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ); and
- Additional qualification in education, business administration and social sciences will be an added
- Minimum of 15 years’ teaching experience, with 5 years at managerial level;
- Must be familiar with the Zambian Curriculum Framework and the Primary and Secondary School
Pathways assessed by the Examinations Councils of Zambia (ECZ);
- Good oral and written communication skills;
- Good administrative and interpersonal skills;
- Must hold high levels of integrity and Professionalism;
The School is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified, self-motivated and results oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Hardcopy and/or electronic applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the following addresses on or before 7 September, 2018.
The Board Chairperson,
Ndola Trust School Limited,
P. O. Box 71814,
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Applicants who do not hear from us within 30 days of the closing date may assume that their applications were unsuccessful, and are hereby thanked for their interest.