ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalised and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has a vacancy for an experienced and suitably qualified Zambian to fill the position of MONITORING, EVALUATION & LEARNING MANAGER
The Monitoring, Evaluation & Learning (MEL) Manager is a middle management role in ActionAid Zambia and a member of the Country Management Team and a member of the ActionAid Global MEL team. The MEL Manager will be responsible for ActionAid Zambia’s programmes quality assurance, learning and impact evaluations. This entails providing technical leadership to ensure effective planning, implementation, keeping track of and reporting on all programmes and project activities in line with ActionAid Zambia MEL Frame work and Country Strategy priorities.
In addition, the job holder will provide technical MEL programme support to the AAZ projects to ensure project planning, implementation, tracking progress and reporting processes are supported from an ALPS and HRBA perspective. S/he will support reporting by implementing partners under AAZ funded project.
- Lead on the consolidation of monitoring data across the AAZ CSP priority areas and ensure effective reporting against log frame and performance indicators for timely follow-ups up with implementing partners on progress against targets;
- Responsible for participating in MEL global meetings (virtual & face to face) and adapt global MEL frameworks to national and local context.
- Coordinating stakeholder annual & quarterly reviews on programme/ project implementation progress and impact;
- Ensure operationalization of MEL framework and other tools ensuring progress tracking and reporting against AAZ CSP indicators & targets;
- Support capacity building of partners & AAZ staff on programme reporting based on in indicators and targets.
- Lead on periodic and continuous data collection processes for the compilation of program reports including activity, quarterly, annual and donor reports;
- Leading on all baseline surveys and other summative and formative evaluations;
- Lead in establishing a functional cloud-based knowledge management system;
- Ensure that ActionAid Zambia and partners demonstrate accountability and value for money to rights holders, donors, sponsors, management and are compliant to ActionAid International accountability standards;
- Support annual and other strategic planning and budgeting processes; ensuring realistic targets are set.
- Support funding proposal and partnership development processes as required;
- Ensure that crosscutting issues such as human rights especially women and youth are prioritised and monitored throughout all implementation processes.
- Regularly liaise with Thematic Leads, Project Managers & Hub programme coordination teams on implementation performance and timely corrective adjustments;
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in demography, economics, social work, project management or its equivalent from a recognized University. A post graduate qualification is an added advantage;
- Have at least three (3) years post qualification experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning preferably in an NGO or comparable position with similar responsibilities in like organizations;
- Project management experience within a regional or international agency, applying rights based approaches.
- Adept skills in managing complex projects with a wide geographical scope requiring multi stakeholder collaboration.
- Substantial experience in designing monitoring, evaluation and learning systems, tools and processes in an international development context
- Experience of providing leadership, support and guidance on monitoring and evaluation across development programmes/projects.
- Applied knowledge of project cycle management including problem analysis, project design, financial planning and management, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Excellent skills in information/data analysis, including consolidation and analysis of highly diverse data, and report writing.
- Strong networking/relationship-building skills to work well with staff and partner organizations.
- Very good communication skills (verbal and written) to work well in a regional and multi-cultural context.
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team
- Is able to make clear, concise and accurate presentations, and dialogue and consultation with partners and project team members.
- Strong skills in various IT packages including Microsoft, Excel and SPSS; as well as virtual communication platforms for dialogue and conferencing such as Skype, Webinar mediums and others.
- Ability to cope with partnerships dynamics by employing an inclusive approach to deal with different of partners.
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address: email@example.com. The Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 3rd September 2018 at 17:00 hours.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE). Qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed candidates.
ActionAid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia