Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organization for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following new position:
Position: Supply Chain Officer (1 Position)
Duty Station: Lusaka
This position will be responsible for Stock & Warehousing Management, Fleet and Asset Management for Save the Children Lusaka Country Office. The Supply Chain officer will be reporting to the Programme Coordinator Supply Chain.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
1. Support the management and procurement execution pursuant to SCI procurement policies, processes and essential standards framework, Request for Quotations, preparation of the Comparative Bids Analysis, amongst others
2. Warehousing and Stock Management.
- Responsible for supporting programme staff in devising of Distribution Plans and facilitating timely dispatch of supplies to beneficiaries through Save the Children set guidelines.
- Responsible for entering all programme supplies on the system generated Goods Received Notes and timely and coordinating simultaneous release and updating of the system in collaboration with the Budget Holders.
- Responsible for the preparation of the stores warehouse report on a monthly basis and ensure that the Warehousing Key Performance Indicators are met and the programme operations pertaining to warehousing meets the set minimum operating standards.
- Responsible for supporting staff in evaluations of Gifts in Kind and management pursuant to the award management cycle.
3. Fleet Management
- The Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the country fleet and shall provide and oversee the field office fleet, to ensure that there is coordination and maintenance.
- Supply Chain Officer will ensure that the list of authorised drivers, vehicle movement and planning, usage recharge and maintenance strategies are in place.
- Responsible for ensuring that comprehensive vehicle reports are prepared, reports analysed and actions points devised and implemented in furtherance of fleet management improvement.
- Will be responsible for coordinating vehicle procurement, insurance and ensuring that vehicles are in road worthy condition.
- Responsible for fuel management ensuring that fuel account maintained well, reconciliations effected timely and expenses charged to the different awards pursuant to usage.
- Responsible for coordinating Driver Trainings and ensuring that Logbooks are filled in accordingly.
- Ensure that vehicles are adequately equipped with tools, fire extinguishers, first aid kits and any other equipment required as part of the programmes local safety and security policies and procedures
Other General Support Activities
- Support the Country Office in execution of complex procurements such as consultancy and construction procurements.
- Representation of Supply Chain Procurement during procurement committee meetings.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management or equivalent qualifications
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a Purchasing Department
- Must be self driven and have the ability to work well under pressure
- Experience of working with funding from major institutional donors such as USAID, Swedish SIDA, EU.
- Should have a valid Driving License
- International NGO work experience an added advantage;
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills;
- Must have a mature and honest disposition;
- Team player;
- Computer literate.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holders to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. In this regard, the job holder should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply:
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Human Resource & Administration Manager firstname.lastname@example.org .
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 7th September 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Save the Children reserves the right to re advertise if suitable applicants are not found.