SNV is a Not-for-Profit International Development Organisation with long-term, local presence in over 30 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our team of advisors works with local partners to equip communities and businesses with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services. SNV works across three sectors: Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene. Several international donors fund our programmes. SNV has a +100 million euro annual turnover and is aiming for further growth.
The project, “Innovations against Poverty – Phase II” (IAP2), aims to stimulate the private sector to focus their efforts, innovative skills and resources on developing and investing in social products, systems and services that contribute to alleviating poverty
Purpose of the Job
To support entrepreneurs to develop innovative Inclusive Business models in Zambia that deliver both commercial benefits for the private sector and developmental benefits for the low income people, in terms of job creation, income improvements and availability of more affordable goods and services.
- Support the IAP2’s Executive Manager in the development of the procedures, framework, strategies and tools in accordance to the local context
- Report to the Zambia government about project implementation, including budget utilization.
- Providing business mentoring, facilitation and strategic technical assistance and innovation advisory for the grantees in accordance to the relevant sectors and business models.
- Management of a number of local grantees, including: coordination, monitoring performance of grantees, alerting of any unsatisfactory performance and milestone checking.
- Revise, analyze (including field verifications), report and process reimbursement requests from companies. Advise the financial team and the Executive Manager on the compliance of IAP standards and requirements.
- Coordinate with the IAP’s Financial Officer on all the steps along the process of reimbursement/disbursement for each grantee.
- Supporting actions for scaling up strategies and matchmaking
- To contribute to knowledge management/learning by preparing case studies, lessons learnt good practices and collecting data, statistical, qualitative, and anecdotal evidence collected by the IAP Team
- Disseminate the IB models/ideas to different stakeholders aiming for a systematic change in the emerging market
- Any other duties that may be assigned by IAP2’s Executive Manager.
- MBA or equivalent qualification
- 7 years of relevant working experience, preferably in the development sector, business development services, consulting firms in the agriculture sector or investment funds
- Experience with agricultural investments that involve small farmers supply chains
- Experience with Energy, ICT and WASH that involve low income consumers
- Experience or solid understanding in monitoring and evaluation in development and private sector projects, including financial management and reporting
- Understanding of poverty and social impact
- Ability to think and work independently, analyze problems, and identify solutions;
- High degree of initiative, flexibility, reliability, discretion and willingness to learn;
- Good understanding of field realities; ability to link different professional spheres: business, government, and civil society
- Cross cultural skills and management experience of multiple complex tasks.
- Strong facilitation skills, mentoring skills and good problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability and willingness to travel.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Etc.)
About the Position
Position Name: Inclusive Business Investment Advisor
Project: Innovations Against Poverty
Sector/Program: Water, Sanitation and Hygiene
Position Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Reports to: Country Director (Administratively) and functionally to Executive Manager-IAP.
Responsible for: Development of innovative Inclusive Business
Duration of Project: The project runs up to December 2020 (Contract is performance based for the same period)
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to growing your skills in a highly professional and diverse working environment. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.