Suitably qualified individuals are invited to apply for the following position:
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPUTY PROGRAM MANAGER X1
Family Legacy Missions Zambia is a Non-Governmental Organisation based in Lusaka, Zambia. The organization supports orphaned and vulnerable children in Zambia through education sponsorship programmes and accommodation facilities.
The job of the Community Development Deputy Program Manager plays a vital role in developing strategic plans and/or programs to address the issues raised within the communities. She/He will oversee the implementation of the said plans/programs. She/He will work closely with the Community Development Heads to evaluate and report the effectiveness of implemented programs.
1. People Management
- Oversee and manage Community Development Heads.
- Facilitate and lead meetings in collaboration with direct reports at stipulated intervals as required by the policies of the organization.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings with supervisor.
- Listen to staff concerns and needs and provide feedback at an appropriate time to all stakeholders, including Program Managers.
- Track attendance/ leave days of LA staff
- Locally initiate mediation in conflict management among LA staff.
- Interpret the policies and goals of the organization for subordinates and ensure proper adherence.
- Delegate effectively to subordinates on all administrative, logistical, and other overall programmatic assignments.
- Advocate for and ensure the safety and protection of staff when reporting child protection or other sensitive issues.
- Develop, monitor and evaluate strategic goals and plans for teams.
- Engage in decision making consultation with supervisors and subordinates.
- Building the capacity of subordinates in problem solving to mitigate disruptions that may arise in the LA.
- Implement individual professional goals for all direct reports.
- Solicit and give appropriate feedback to staff to encourage development of strengths and address areas of growth.
- Propose and develop policies to strengthen and address various programs and initiatives in the Legacy Academies.
- To stimulate and promote a culture of togetherness, cohesion, unity among the Legacy Academy staff.
- Intentionally build relationships with your teams to foster an environment of collaboration and freedom.
3. Community Program Development
- Overseeing the identification of community skills, assets, issues and needs
- Ensuring that community members/caretakers feel heard and recognized by Family Legacy at large
- Compile and analyze commonalities in community needs
- Help the Child Development Officers prioritize the macro and micro needs of their communities
- Instruct and assist the CDH to develop new programs in collaboration with the CDO’s based on collected field data
- Evaluate ongoing/existing programs using field information from Community Development officers and make decisions for subsequent future action
- Network with relevant stakeholders
- Ensure the CDO’s have an accurate and extensive knowledge of what is the vision, purpose, and mission of Family Legacy in order to accurately portray to and sensitize the community members in the field
4. Response to Community Incidents
- If any problems arise within local or institutional level, he/she will be responsible for consulting with other management regarding a plan of action to address and clarify the issue
5. Camp Life
- Overseeing the pre-rostering process
- Ensure rostering accuracy and completion
- Regularly update reports on progress of pre-rostering and rostering to communicate with the Sponsorship team
- Track and report the implementation of various programs/activities/initiatives
- Provide regular status updates of on-going program and initiatives’ progress and effectiveness
- Regularly evaluate and report viability of catchment areas
- Practice clear communication with direct supervisor, all staff, and stakeholders
8. Records Management
- Maintain ongoing, up to date, and accurate records of community development both on and off campus
Other skills / Success factors:
- Demonstrate commitment to FL mission, vision, and values.
- Must have a good understanding of Family Legacy’s Child Protection Policy and associated guidance and procedures
- Must have no previous convictions of harm to a child.
- Must have under-gone training on Child Protection and have a sound knowledge of child abuse, risk assessment and protection measures.
- Actively work towards continuing personal learning and development and apply newly acquired skills.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and positive constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and offering points of view.
- Solicits feedback from co-workers about the impact of his/her behavior.
- Ability to network and be relational.
- Ability to work as a team and be accountable for any decisions made.
- Adhere to deadlines
- Must have a driver’s license
- High performance/vast experience within Family Legacy
- Computer literate – MS Excel, MS Word
Academic and Professional Requirements:
- Grade 12 certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in a development field
- Master’s degree in relevant field will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 5 year’s work experience in a similar position
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent of this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and activities required of the position.
How to Apply:
Applications composed of CV and scanned academic certificates should be sent as one word or PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly labeling the position applied for in the subject line or hand delivered to plot 78/100 off Lake Road, Ibex Hill, Lusaka, Zambia. Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.