Legal Officer | PAN AFRICAN BUILDING SOCIETY | Lusaka, Zambia | Full Time
Duties and responsibilities
- Conducting and coordinating litigation on behalf of the Building Society.
- Liaising with external lawyers on litigation conducted by external counsel.
- Maintaining a register of members as well as a register of directors.
- Maintaining a register of debentures and mortgages.
- Preparing and vetting various kinds of commercial agreements.
- Maintaining a database of all executed contractual agreements.
- Updating the Society’s Legal Library with latest and/or revised legislation.
- Preparation and submission of the Society’s statutory returns and notices.
- Lodgments of all kinds of legal documents at various registries.
- Performing all kinds of company secretarial duties including writing minutes.
- Performing any other legal task delegated by members of Senior Management.
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from a reputable University.
- Advocate of the High Court for Zambia (AHCZ).
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia in good standing.
- At least one year experience at the bar with a bias in Commercial Law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Innovative and creative
- Sober character
- Self-motivated person
Submit your CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing date 31/08/2018