Supervisor Tyre Bay
Lumwana Mine, Solwezi, Zambia.
Reporting to: Truck Maintenance Superintendent
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the North Western region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position ofSupervisor Tyre Bay.
Reporting to the Truck Maintenance Superintendent, you will be expected to improve the reliability and availability of the site mobile equipment by assessing and continuously improving the equipment maintenance process. Identify, develop and implement improvement initiatives to increase efficiency and effectiveness of mobile maintenance and operations processes.
- Monitor condition of all equipment tyres and performance.
- Carry out routine and statutory inspections.
- Supervise planned maintenance and breakdown repairs.
- Ensure the correct process and procedures are used to carry out repairs
- Use QA/QC standards to sign off on all work performed to improve reliability
- Measure and report overall tyre performance
- Actively promote full cooperation between the maintenance and mining operation.
- Take full responsibility and accountability for the performance of the tyre maintenance service provider.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of maintenance processes and systems.
- Measure and report overall site severity and impact on tyres performance and costs
- Cooperate with the maintenance planners regarding input schedules and accurate information.
- Ensure housekeeping is kept to the highest standards
- Ensure the development and maintenance of up to date job safe working procedures for all tasks performed within the function
- Develop and manage the site tyre budget
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
- Coaching and mentoring of subordinates through Barrick Competency Based Employee Development (BCBED)
- Assessing employees in structured skills assessment process such as Employee Training Assessment Management System (ETAMS)
- Offer support to supervisor positions so to be able to assess work place efficiencies and provide guidance to workplace supervisors
Experience & Qualifications
- Diploma/Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Certified applicable Trade qualification.
- Significant experience (8 years) in Heavy Earthmoving tyre maintenance.
- Successfully completed a mega tyre repair and maintenance course
- Proven track record of managing a tyre contract service provider or running of a mine site tyre shop
- Experience in large multi pit operations utilising large-scale mining equipment.
- Able to clearly demonstrate the aptitude to drive a light vehicle and hold a current Zambian drivers’ licence or be able to obtain one.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass a pre-employment medical examination.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English and show a commitment to understand local culture and impart your mining operations and technical knowledge to the local Zambian mine operations personnel.
- Competent in incident/accident investigation
- Commitment to training of Zambian national citizens
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.