Deployment and Maintenance Specialist | BROADREACH | | Full-Time
*BroadReach is profoundly focused on improving the health and well-being of underserved populations across the globe. We empower governments, donor groups, NGOs and private companies to operate more efficiently, improving outcomes for people in need with our intelligent solutions: A combination of our people, process and our Vantage platform.
Purpose of the position
Operational level management of the provincial team in deploying SmartCare in facilities according to laid down procedures and standards. To guide the deployment efforts of the Electronic Health Record (EHR) project rollout. The person in this position will use his/her IT knowledge to coordinate software/hardware rollout and also migration/maintenance tasks. This person participates in,pre-implementation analyses for IT solutions; organizing detailed deployment plans and project schedules; and developing work instructions, communications plans, and quality control for optimized deployment with minimum interruption to users.
Key accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Implement the strategy for the Health Management Information System working assigned facility
- Work with stakeholders and relevant partners within the province to ensure their support of the HMIS project rollout.
- Provide monthly reports to the Deployment Lead.
- Document regular HMIS quarterly progress review meetings
- Ensure quality of HMIS technical activities in province of operation
- Develop provincial assessment plans, work plans and proposed budgets. Ensure that work plans receive necessary approvals from Deployment Lead
- Supervise the work of the provincial deployment and maintenance team to manage technical project activities and deliverable and ensure a good quality output
- Develop and maintain a broad understanding and appreciation of historical, political, economic, demographic and public health issues in province of operation; stay abreast of current events
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Certification in Networking
- Intermediate knowledge of databases (SQL/ORACLE)
Experience & skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with large scale hardware and system deployments
- Prior experience creating/ working with IT deployments and remote technologies a plus
- Prior experience in the health sector an added advantage
- Knowledge of USG specifically CDC, USAID, procedures and guidelines an added advantage
- Knowledge of government operations
- Demonstrated record of having undertaken the scope of deployment not only for computers but also for networks and the data transmission infrastructure
- Project management skills and capabilities
Personal qualities & Behavioural competencies
- Collaborative nature of working across different teams
- Ability to effectively prioritise and plan work
- Be solution focused
- Ability to build rapport and credibility with stakeholders
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- Setting up and maintaining project schedules
- Monitoring and evaluating deployment plan progress
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to build and successfully manage partner and government relationships within the province
- Be seen as the SME on deployment and maintenance of the National EHR
- Results orientation
- Problem solving
- Influencing and persuading
- Client orientation
- Team leadership
BroadReach Culture Cornerstones
- We serve a mission greater than ourselves
- We do better everyday
- We are solutions driven not problem focused
- We turn all customers into raving fans
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job please visit broadreach.hua.hrsmart.com.