Sales Specialist – Food and Beverage, Zambia | ABB | Lusaka | Full-Time
As a Sales Specialist, you will be part of the local Zambia team based in Lusaka.
As a Sales Specialist you will be responsible for sales of products or systems or services within a designated market in accordance with strategy. You will also be responsible to build long term customer relationships and manage resolution to specific customer needs and issues and identify and develop sales opportunities.
Your tasks as a Sales Specialist will include the following:
- Volume and profit: Sell products or systems or services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Units or Product Groups.
- Customer relations: Establish and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs, promote customer understanding of full product or systems or services offering, and align to provide a solution. Ensure a positive customer experience throughout the sales process.
- Sales plans: Prepare sales plans using company tools. Performs regular status reviews and proposes recovery plan(s) in cases of potential order shortfalls.
- Sales: Create added value for the customer and ABB and ensure the successful outcome of transactions, contracts and proposals by using effective sales techniques. Communicate details in accordance with ABB offering and strategy (delivery time, payments, and general terms and conditions).
- Marketing: Ensure efficient marketing activities and value proposition to customers.
- New market opportunities: Identify and drive the development of new market opportunities in the designated market and ensure know-how sharing and cross-collaboration.
- Administration: Manage administrative procedures in sales processes, and supports collection and project management activities when needed.
- Offer preparation: Prepare offers in coordination with the bid and proposal department and/or the Marketing Manager. Ensure appropriate technical and financial aspects of offers, including prices and trading conditions.
- Diploma or degree in electrical engineering.
- Experience in technical sales in the food and beverage industry.
- Knowledge of the food and beverage industry in Zambia.
- Proven track record as a sales professional.
To apply for this job please visit new.abb.com.