Based in Lusaka, Zambia
Long term opportunity / USAID experience required
Seeking an experienced, well organized Office and Finance Manager to provide overall financial and office management. Monitor the day-to-day financial operations, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions. Oversee financials, track project, and maintain financial policies and procedures in line with USAID regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree or Bachelor’s in related field with 7 + years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 4 years accounting or finance experience with USAID funded or donor funded projects required
- Experience working with foreign currency transactions.
- Applied experience with a computerized accounting systems.
- Excellent proficiency in Excel required.
- Strong administrative and communication skills;
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Ability to work independently and in teams; take initiative, and follow through on outstanding issues.
- Pro-active in anticipating work requirements and problem solving.
- Multitasker, with strong organisational skills including being able to assist with logistics and other project related admin tasks
- Manage the project’s budget–which currently includes (21 different contract line item numbers–including updating actuals and projections, preparing quarterly accruals, providing monthly financial reports for various clients, and tracking gross profit margins.
- Provide financial review of buy-in budget proposals, subcontractor budgets, expense reports, and more to ensure they are audit ready.
- Enter consultant invoices, vendor invoices, travel advances, and expense reports.
- Process payment and maintain payment tracking log for all payment requests and advances
- Liaise with South African Finance Department to ensure all vendors, subcontractors and consultants are invoicing and being paid in a timely manner
- Project admin and logistics including handling queries and dealing with day to day office issues
Application deadline – 21 September
Interested? Do you meet the above requirements?
Email your CV highlighting the above criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
We will only contact shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements