CITIZENS ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT COMMISSION
DIRECTOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MICRO, SMALL & MEDIUM ENTERPRISE
The Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission a Body Corporate established under the Citizens’ Economic Empowerment Act No. 9 of 2006 to enhance broad-based economic empowerment, foster citizens’ economic ownership, control and management of economic resources, as well as to promote economic empowerment of targeted citizens is inviting applications from suitably qualified Zambians to fill the following position:
Director Business Development Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise (1 Position) – Lusaka
Reporting to the Director General, the Director Business Development Micro, Small & Medium Enterprise will be responsible for the management and implementation of CEEC Business Development programmes and ensuring that the Commission’s work and programmes contribute effectively and efficiently towards meeting the short, medium and long term needs of its beneficiaries who are the targeted citizens, within the framework of the CEE Act Number 9 of 2006.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the MSME Business Development Services function of the Commission;
- Ensure good and efficient administration of the Business Development Directorate, including executive control and budget management;
- Ensure the Directorate effectively undertakes its reporting responsibilities in a timely manner;
- Prepare the Departmental work plan and budget.
- Take lead in developing and implementing MSME Business Development Services Strategies including, without being limited to:
- Development and implementation of Reservation Schemes for Targeted Citizens for appropriate areas of Commerce, Trade and Industry;
- Facilitation of entrepreneurship development programmes for Targeted Citizens and promotion of an enabling environment for enterprise development;
- Promoting preferential procurement strategies for Targeted Citizens in line with CEE Act No.9 of 2006;
- Facilitating market development activities that foster and strengthen market linkages and market competitiveness for Targeted Citizens
- Facilitate interventions that enhance productivity and access to technology for targeted citizens;
- Facilitate the development of Sector Codes of Good Practice in line with the CEE Act;
- Facilitate strengthening and reviews of the policy and regulatory environment in order to enhance the economic empowerment of Targeted Citizens;
- Ensure adequate and effective Monitoring and Evaluation of all programmes and activities of the Commission;
- Ensure adequate and effective capacity development support for targeted citizens and their companies through interventions such as support to business plan development and implementation, business advisory and mentorship services, technology transfer and know-how development, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration or any other related and equivalent qualification;
- Master’s Degree in Economics, Business Administration or any other related or equivalent qualification;
- Demonstrated experience working in MSME development in both rural and urban settings;
- Proven track record of the capability to deliver required results;
- Ability to source or mobilise funding
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Research and analytical competencies;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Team Building skills;
- Effective written, verbal and listening communication skills;
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy;
- Computer literate
- Good organisational skills.
- At least ten (10) years relevant working experience, five (5) of which should be at senior Management level.
Interested candidates meeting the above profiles should submit application letters enclosing the Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates to the following address not later than 25 September, 2018.
The application must be submitted in a sealed envelope marked “DIRECTOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MICRO, SMALL & MEDIUM ENTERPRISE.”
The Director General
Citizens Economic Empowerment Commission
Plot 6457, Los Angeles Boulevard
P.O Box 35068
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.