Business Development Manager – Retail Banking | United Bank for Africa (Z) Ltd | Lusaka | Full-Time
- To establish and maintain positive customer relationships, plan and deliver an effective retail marketing strategy and monitor the progress of new and existing products; as well as provide operational management support on a day-to-day basis.
Key Duties & Responsibilities;
- Directly supervise the activities of Relationship Officers to ensure optimal achievement of set targets
- Contribute to the preparation of annual marketing plans and strategies for liability generation to enable Business Managers achieve targeted growth objectives.
- Recommend the creation of risk assets to increase business office profitability
- Contribute to the effective launching of new products to ensure favourable market response and optimum build-up of revenue
- Monitor and assign targets to Business Managers to ensure effective focus on target achievement
- Maintain and acquire customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
- Relationship Management of High Net Worth Customers
- Network with all potential clients in all relevant categories
- Identifying and developing conglomerates banking relationships
- Ensuring proper documentation throughput, the credit application and availment process.
- Sourcing for and monitoring of customer’s tenured investment / facilities.
- Respond promptly and satisfactorily to customer’s daily request and complaints.
- Prepare weekly and monthly statistics/performance reports for management use.
- Monitoring of the customer’s main account regularly
- Reconciling all transactions on customer’s accounts where and when necessary.
- Assist with the processing of customer’s letters of credit and invisible transactions.
- Initiate and carry out recovery action on non-performing credits facilities
- Maintain comprehensive database of the customers’ operational records including the existing and prospective customer data
Required Key Knowledge and Competencies;
- Strong credit and marketing skills.
- Must be self-solution driven, proactive
- Have in-depth knowledge of the business environment
- Knowledge of banking operations
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers, and determine what products or service would best serve those needs
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong leadership and negotiations skills
- Exhibit drive energy, aggression and passion for business development and acquisition
- Leadership skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Negotiation & Analytical skills
- Product Development
Minimum Education Qualifications
- Minimum of a first degree in a business related field from a recognized University with at least a Credit or better.
- Grade Twelve Certificate with at least Five (05) Credits of better, including Mathematics and English.
Previous Work Experience Requirements
- Must have at least 3 years working experience in the banking industry.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications, experience and competencies should apply by sending email application letter and detailed CV: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The closing date for receiving applications is 18th September 2018.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com