Camara Zambia is an international charity, operating as a social enterprise, that uses technology to deliver 21st century skills and as such improve education in disadvantaged communities around the world. Our vision is a world-class technology-enabled education accessible to all. Camara’s mission is to transform education using technology to empower disadvantaged students.
The Education Training Officer will be responsible for coordinating and rolling out Camara’s ICT training activities to Teachers and Educational Leaders across Zambia. Working closely with the Camara Zambia team, the Educational Training Officer will ensure that training sessions are planned and delivered to the high standards outlined within the Camara African Learning Framework. The Educational Training Officer will be professional and passionate about Camara’s vision and mission.
Camara Training Programme:
- Deliver quality Camara training courses as per the Camara Africa Learning Framework;
- Master all courses on the Camara Zambia training schedule;
Organise and conduct ICT training workshops for teachers to enhance their skills and knowledge around the Zambian Computer Studies Curriculum.
- Provide training to those in leadership positions to develop their understanding and awareness of the importance of ICT in education.
- Assist schools in identifying ICT training needs and recommend relevant training to assist them in meeting these needs
- Complete regular content review of training courses and share ideas with Training Manager, Camara Africa Education Specialist and Senior Camara staff on revising and improving the trainings content and delivery.
- Develop positive relationships with MOGE and School Leadership to promote Camara’s vision.
- The Education Training Officer will be responsible for coordinating the educational and training activities in order to contribute to the smooth running of the Project
- Ensure that all training administrative tasks and training reports are carried out to a high standard and available immediately after each course ;
- Support Training Manager, Project Manager and Camara Zambia CEO on scheduling training as required;
- Assist Training Manager on preparing monthly, quarterly and annual training plans.
- Ensure that all administrative reporting is recorded with accuracy;
- Responsible for regular weekly and monthly reporting of Training data to the Training Manager, Project Manager and CEO, as well as to Camara Africa Services Center as requested;
- Engage with Camara Africa Education Specialist as requested regarding all aspects of the training programme
- Provide support to all Camara staff and volunteers as appropriate;
- Assist and support other Camara staff in various elements of operational activity such as vetting, sales, technical support and marketing when required;
- Promote the Camara brand at appropriate opportunities;
- Promote a positive relationship with schools, organisations and all stakeholders to Camara operations;
- Be able to use initiative and work without need for continuous supervision.
- Show positive work ethic with exceptional punctuality and good demonstration of commitment to Camara
Qualifications & Work Experience
- Grade Twelve (12) School certificate.
- Degree in ICT or Education with Professional ICT Qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Education and Training
- Understanding of the Zambian Education System
- Impeccable personal and professional integrity
- Must be a self-starter with excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
Interested applicants should send their CV and a Cover Letter saved within ONE Single Document with your Name as the Document Title to ZambiaHR@camara.org. Applications should be received no later than 1pm on Wednesday 26th September 2018. Any applications received which are not in the requested format will be disregarded.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Camara Zambia is an equal opportunities employer