Non-governmental Gender Organisations’ Coordinating Council (NGOCC)
Vacancy Publication Ref. No. GAM/18/9/18
The Non-governmental Gender Organisations’ Coordinating Council (NGOCC) is an umbrella network for gender focused and women led Non-Governmental and Community Based Organisations in Zambia, active in championing women’s empowerment and gender equity and equality in Zambia. In the 32 years of its existence, NGOCC has grown to be the focal point of the women’s movement in Zambia, with a total membership of 98 as at end of 2017, spread in all the 10 provinces of Zambia and covering 58 districts. In line with its mandate, NGOCC coordinates its MOs through five-year strategic plans which articulate priorities for the period as endorsed by its affiliate member organisations. NGOCC now invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the positions of: Coordinator – Social Economic Development; Human Resource & Administrative Officer and Project Officer.
1.0 COORDINATOR – SOCIAL ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
This position is responsible for coordinating the Social and Economic Development interventions in order to ensure women’s access to economic empowerment opportunities, availability of sexual reproductive health rights services as well as promotion of women’s participation in decision making positions. Reporting to the Programs Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for and not limited to:
- Spearhead NGOCC network’s program development and implementation of Women’s Economic Empowerment interventions focusing on reducing gender gaps and enhancing income opportunities for women and girls;
- Coordinate NGOCC member organisations in advocacy to promote Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights for women and girls in order to contribute to their health and well-being;
- Facilitate the building of capacities of NGOCC member organisations to advocate for accessible education and health services in order to enhance the quality of women’s and girls’ skills and expertise;
- Lead in various engagement platforms for women’s and girls’ access to comprehensive and age appropriate sexual reproductive health information and education; and the emerging trends to improving women and girls’ sexual reproductive health including HIV and AIDS preventive measures;
- Facilitate and coordinate NGOCC member organisations in the campaign for more women’s participation in key decision making positions at all levels of development;
- Spearhead NGOCC’s networking initiatives and exchange of information on social and economic development issues among member NGOs and CBOS in liaison with District Focal Point Persons;
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Social Science, Development Studies, Gender, Business Administration or any such related discipline
- Masters’ Degree is highly recommended
- Five years working experience in a multi-disciplinary setting
- Substantial experience in Project Management and Gender is an added advantage
2.0 HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
This position is responsible for initiating and implementing Human Resources and Administration support functions of NGOCC secretariat in order to attain the organization’s objectives through attraction, retention, motivation, development of high caliber staff dedicated to outstanding performance as well as offering dynamic and effective administration services to the whole organization. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for and not limited to:
- Formulate, develop, implement and review human resource and administration manuals, policies and procedures in conjunction with management;
- Facilitate effective selection, recruitment, induction and retention of employees to enhance productivity;
- Facilitate and monitor all staff training and development activities in the organization in a well-coordinated manner and in line with outcomes of performance evaluations;
- Conduct human resource audits for planning purposes and ensure that the organization always has the requisite skills set to fulfill its mandate effectively;
- Spearhead routine staff appraisals and preparation of appraisal matrix and subsequent Staff Development and Succession Plans in liaison with the Operations Manager;
- Provide leadership and effectively supervise subordinates and ensure that they have well defined Job Descriptions and Key Individual Performance Objectives;
- Supervise the provision of effective maintenance and cleanliness of buildings and surroundings in order to produce a conducive working environment;
- Participate in the strategic planning process and articulate the human resource issues in support of the organization objectives;
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration or equivalent
- Membership to a recognized Human Resource Institute is a MUST
- 5 years post qualification experience
- Substantial experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment
3.0 PROJECT OFFICER
This position is under the Grant Management Unit and is responsible for supporting, assessing and tracking progress of grant supported projects and ensure effective project planning and execution among beneficiary member organizations in a manner that leads to the achievement of the NGOCC set targets and Strategic Objectives. Reporting to the Coordinator – Institutional Capacity Development, the job holder will be responsible for and not limited to:
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths for grant beneficiaries.
- Provide guidance to beneficiaries on planning and scheduling project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to relevant parties throughout the project life cycle.
- Proactively manage changes in Member Organizations’ project scope, identify potential crises and devise contingency plans.
- Ensures accurate and timely reporting on grant funded projects and that information obtained through assessment of these project reports is acted upon promptly to continuously strengthen the project implementation by member organizations.
- In liaison with M&E Officer, review project progress reports from the grant beneficiaries, analyze results and liaises with the Coordinator – Institutional Capacity Development to troubleshoot problem areas and advise on the way forward
- In liaison with the M&E Officer, conduct regular project visitations, evaluation and closure of member organisations’ projects as and when necessary to establish an accurate status of the performance of all projects being implemented.
- Assists in pre-award and ex-post evaluations of projects to ascertain the impact of projects in respect to the issues being addressed and provide feedback on lessons learnt to member organisations to assist them improve their future project design, development and implementation.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in Development Studies, Sociology, Social Work or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Project Management
- Knowledge in Participatory approaches to planning, monitoring, implementation and assessment of development programmes and projects
- Able to provide capacity building and advisory support to NGOCC member organizations in project management
Interested candidates (females are encouraged to apply) for all the above positions should forward their applications complete with detailed Curriculum Vitae and three names of referees ONLY, not later than 24th September 2018. Strictly all photocopies of relevant educational and professional qualifications should be sent either by postage or dropped at the NGOCC offices and NOT by email.
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
NGOCC, Plot 5168, Nchoncho road
P.O. BOX 37879, LUSAKA
Tel: +260 211 224727, 227517
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.