CHIEF FINANCE OFFICER
Sonar International Ltd, one of the largest importers and wholesalers of steel products is seeking suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the vacancy above.
Roles and Responsibilities
The incumbent should be able to take initiative, responsibility and ownership of the accounting and operational functions, projects and lead by example with a can-do attitude. She/he must understand the importance of team work and motivate team members to achieve set goals and timeframes. Incumbent must develop team members understanding that the team experience varies from each other.
Planning, Operations and Financial Information
Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives by monitoring and directing implementation of strategic business plans, developing financial and tax strategies, managing capital requests and budgeting processes and measuring key performance indicators.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team;
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team;
- Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, and treasury departments;
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations;
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems & Implement operational best practices;
- Monitor daily reports and review monthly management accounts;
- Prepare annual financial statements in terms of IFRS;
- Manage and review HR, manufacturing, warehousing, sales and purchasing processes.
Risk Management & Funding
- Understand key elements of the company’s risk profile & Maintain appropriate insurance coverage;
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company and the industry;
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems;
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements;
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies;
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors;
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings & recommendations;
- Monitor cash balances, cash forecasts & Invest funds;
- Arrange for debt and equity financing;
Experience and Qualification
- Chartered Accountant registered with the International Federation of Accountants;
- 10 years experience within Accounting and Executive Management roles
- Internal/External audit and ERP-and-operational process design and implementation;
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours’) in Accounting Sciences.
- Basic understanding of network domains and IT controls;
- Advance user of Microsoft Office Applications;
- Advance user of SQL query writing, triggers and stored procedures;
- Advance user of SAGE Evolution and multi-currency accounting;
- Advance user of SAGE Business Intelligence Report design and implementation.
Interested persons should apply electronically attaching comprehensive CV to; email@example.com & copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Closing date: 1st October 2018