Assistant Manager – Electronic Security | Bank of Zambia | Lusaka, Zambia | Full Time
ASSISTANT MANAGER – ELECTRONIC SECURITY (RO – 1 POST)
To implement strategies and plans on Electronic Security Systems. To design, test, troubleshoot and monitor Electronic Security Devices performance and provide expert Electronic Security support services in order to deliver quality Security services to Bank of Zambia.
- Liaise with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) and vendors in order to provide interface between Security and ICT and external technical support
- Provide training in order to build capacity in all the System’s and Command Control Centre operators
- Monitor the performance of the Bank’s electronic security system to ensure optimal benefits rom the system detect breaches on the security system in order to invoke appropriate remedial measures
- Resolve ISMS problems and identifiable faults in order to ensure system availability
- Plan and implement preventive maintenance and work schedules for Technical and Command Control personnel in order to reduce System’s down time and ensure timely and appropriate response to all incidents
- Implement System’s operational procedures in order to standardize work processes and minimize errors on the System
- Manage daily work volumes of the Command Control centre, receive, translate and transmit commands and information to relevant stakeholders, in order to ensure adherence to security communication standards
- To identify and advise command, in emergency situations, an alternative Command Control post in order to ensure continuity in the provision of services by the Bank
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- At least 3 years’ post Bachelor qualification experience in a highly Electronic Security supported organisation.
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- In-depth Knowledge of Electronic Security technologies
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN network design, Remote access technologies
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP, IP routing and routed, protocols, Fast and Gigabit Ethernet and Network Management Protocols
- In-depth knowledge of LAN and WAN Network Security Configuration and Management
- Working Knowledge of perimeter security equipment such Gate Control systems, Turnstiles, Walk-through Metal Detectors, Booths and X-ray Baggage scanners
- Working knowledge of fibre optic and UTP cabling operations and management
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server and knowledge of PC hardware and Microsoft Windows Client Operating systems
- Ability to carry out research and development
- Strong communication, technical and report writing skills
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned not later than Monday 15th October 2018. For more information, visit: www.boz.zm.
Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director – Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
P O Box 30080