Statistical Assistant | Bank of Zambia | Lusaka | Full-Time
Bank of Zambia, an equal opportunity employer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant positions:
1.0 STATISTICAL ASSISTANT (HO – 3 POSTS and RO – 2 POSTS)
- To conduct research on matters relating to monetary policy and macroeconomic management;
- Conduct surveys in order to generate comprehensive and complete survey returns;
- Prepare reports relating to field and other surveys in order to update management on the field survey findings;
- Compile responses to the field survey questionnaires in accordance with the agreed formats in order to clearly present survey results;
- Collect and generate Foreign Private Capital statistics and other economic statistics for fulfilment of the Department’s objectives;
- Administer Foreign Private Capital and Investor Perceptions surveys questionnaires to ensure accurate and reliable data before input;
- Undertake primary quality control on all generated survey reports in order to ensure accurate survey reports;
- Compile Statistics and Returns;
- Collect and generate any other needed statistical information as assigned by management in order to have up to date reliable statistical information;
- Update and maintain a complete well defined up to date frame of data sources;
- Update the Non-Traditional Exports (NETs) tables.
Qualifications and Experience
- BA/BSc Economics; Statistics or equivalent with 1-year relevant experience
- Grade 12 School Certificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
Key Knowledge and Attributes
- Knowledge of Economics, Statistics, Data Processing or Accounting
- Numerical skills and accuracy
- Communication skills
- Team-work oriented
- Computer literate
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned not later than Monday 15th October 2018. For more information, visit: www.boz.zm.
Women are encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director – Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
P O Box 30080