The Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. It implements the Standards Act No. 4 of 2017 of the laws of Zambia and was established by an Act of Parliament in 1982 which was repealed by CAP 416 of 1994. Zambia Bureau of Standards was established to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality for national and international markets. The Act mandates ZABS, among others, to undertake Standardization, Product certification, testing and training services.
The Zambia Bureau of Standards wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant positions:
HUMAN RESOURCE & ADMINISTRATION MANAGER (01)
(A) KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Executes and maintains up to date manpower plans and programmes through apt succession planning and manpower forecasting in order to maintain the required establishment levels.
- Coordinates Performance Appraisals in order to ensure enhanced performance as well as to establish training needs.
- Executes training and development programmes in order to provide the organization with required skill mix and experienced manpower.
- Provide guidance on labour matters to line management to ensure Human Resources policies, procedures and practices are adhered to.
- Implement industrial relations statutes, interprets and enforces Collective Agreements in respect of conditions of service, discipline in order to attain a conducive Industrial Relations Climate in the Bureau.
- Develops and implements human resource procedures and systems such as job evaluation, performance appraisals, recruitment, discipline, conditions of service and training for consistency and fairness.
(B) QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Full Grade 12 Certificate,
- Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Administration, Business Administration or relevant Social Sciences.
- Minimum eight (8) years’ work experience with 3 years at Management level in a busy office
- Must be a full member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to write technical reports
- Good analytical skills
- Good Communication skills- both written and oral
- Basic computer skills (Word processing, spreadsheets and internet)
- High level of integrity and confidentiality, sober character, ethical and capable of working independently.
These positions are in Senior Management category and on three (3) year fixed term contract renewal.
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications and personal attributes for the job, please send your application letter together with copies of education and professional certificates and a detailed C.V to the undersigned on or before 15th October, 2018.
The Executive Director
Zambia Bureau of Standards
Lechwe House, Freedom Way South-End
P.O. Box 50259