Vision Africa Regional Network (VAREN) has entered into agreement with Millennium Challenge Account Zambia (MCAZ) to implement a Sanitation Improvement Project in Mtendere Township of Lusaka. The project intends to accelerate access to adequate sanitation to 1300 households by supporting construction of improved low cost toilets and connecting them to the Lusaka Water and Sewerage Company Waste Water Network (sewer lines).
VAREN Invites applications for the following position:
Length of contract: 8 months (with possibility of extension)
Supervisor: Finance and Administration Officer
Description of Main duties, responsibilities and tasks
- Ensure that VAREN offices are cleaned and maintained in a desirable condition.
- Forwards information by receiving and distributing communications; collecting and mailing correspondence
- To undertake official errands on behalf of the office or any staff member
- Assist the procurement officer by maintaining supplies and checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipating requirements; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items; delivering supplies to the construction sites.
- Prepare and serve refreshments and sitting arrangement during project meetings.
- Photocopying and scanning of project documents
- Update and maintain internal staff contact lists
- To undertake any other duties as required, in accordance with the job purpose.
- Assisting in organizing and maintaining the filling system; arranging meetings, training and workshop activities
Qualifications / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Diploma in public Administration or Human Resources Management with two years experience or certificate in a project setting with three years work experience
- The post holder should have a good understanding of the needs of the office and appropriate ways of tackling them.
- Well developed interpersonal and team skills and proven ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Good written and spoken English is essential. Other local language(s) such as Nyanja, Bemba are essential (desirable).
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants for the above named positions should submit detailed curriculum Vitea accompanied by a cover letter addressed to: The Executive Director, P.O Box 710527, Mansa
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.