CARITAS CZECH REPUBLIC
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation,is implementing a Project with title ‘Agribusiness for LIFE – Livelihoods, Innovation, Food & Empowerment’ in Mongu, Limulunga, Kaoma and Nkeyema Districts of Western Province and Mumbwa District of Central Province in Zambia, is looking for a
AGRICULTURE FIELD OFFICER
- Support and assist the Project Coordinator and Agriculture Officer
- Regularly supervise and mentor selected cooperatives and medium-scale farmers in good governance, farming systems, value chains and business skills in Limulunga district
- Facilitate and support capacity building and training workshops in cooperation with line ministries and other agriculture experts in cooperative management and governance, agribusiness, value chains, farming systems, business skills etc.
- Cooperate with Project Coordinator and Agriculture officer on activity planning and implementation of activities
- Participates on assessments, data collection, processing and analysis of project related data
- Report regularly; draw up action plans, assessment of progress, formulation of new project opportunities, proactive approach to secure new funds, etc.
- tertiary education (university/college degree in agriculture, agronomy, marketing or any related subject)
- min 2 years of proven experience in agriculture-related sector and cooperatives, experience in value-chains and agro-processing is an advantage
- proven experience in community mobilization and field work
- experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- fluent in English – written and spoken, excellent computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- excellent organizational and coordination skills
- good time management, commitment, team worker, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure and in challenging environment
Duty station: Limulunga, Limulunga District, Western Province, Zambia
Starting date: Immidiately
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 8th October, 2018 17:00 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org. or at our office (Namboard Area, Plot no.634,Mongu or No 23,Mwalule Road,Off Makishi Road.Northmead Lusaka). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Agriculture Field Officer – Limulunga.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Agriculture Field Officer – Limulunga – curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Agriculture Field Officer – Limulunga – cover letter
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage