Operations Manager (Retail) | Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy Limited | | Full-Time
The Operations Manager will provide leadership to the team, take ownership of all functions and ensure smooth operations of all locations in the country.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Managing the team at the location which includes setting target, defining roles, delegating responsibilities, manage roaster, train, motivate & follow-up on target achievement.
- Managing Sales, Customer service & Marketing.
- Ensure good coordination with the Customs Department & Port Officials.
- Ensure availability of sufficient stocks on the shelf & in the pipeline, at all times, with sufficient shelf-life for applicable products.
- Maintaining Shop cleanliness & Visual Merchandising as per Merchandise Manual.
- Educate staff about the software for billing / cash / stock reports.
- Ensure correctness of all currency at the till & in the safe – match with invoices.
- Ensure Stock & Sale / Bond Registers are updated daily and cross checked against invoices.
- Monitor expiry of the bonds & apply for extension within the set time-frame.
- Ensure all bonds are live at all times in the shop & ware-house.
- Check & control of stock at Warehouse & Shop at all times
- Prepare orders as per requirement and analysis of sales.
- Track Sales figures against pre-set targets and increasing sales volume.
- Coordinate with all functions in other lines of businesses
- Monitor the validity of any licenses/concession letters.
- Monitor the validity of the Customs License and Bank Guarantee against stocks in the shop.
- Ensure availability of valid insurance coverage for Fire, Burglary, Theft & Natural Calamities.
- Ensuring availability of Insurance for Customs Duty in favour of the Commissioner of Customs and Insurance for the cost of goods in shop & warehouse in favour of the company.
- Strong hands-on experience in retail operations, merchandising and marketing
- Customer Service orientation
- Stock management
- Decision making ability
- Able to Lead employees to success
- Ability to do multi-task, prioritize work and meet tight schedules
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & presentation skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Time management
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in any Business Field
- Minimum 10 years of Retail experience out of which at least 5 years as Retail Manager
- Must have a very good understanding the retail business in Zambia
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to : firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy-in email@example.com. Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org