Omni Africa is looking for a skilled Bookkeeper to maintain financial records, including purchases, sales, receipts and payments.Provide financial advice and support to clients and colleagues for sound business decisions. Implementation of both short term and long-term budgetary planning.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES AND APPROXIMATE TIME SPLIT
FINANCIAL CONTROL AND REGULATORY– 30%
To make sure that transactions are adequately recorded & processes followed to enable complete & accurate financial reporting & meeting all statutory requirements.
Controls should enable proper and timely lodgement of all statutory returns & payments thereof.
To ensure accounting policies are adhered to, to enable the production of a timely full and accurate set of accounting books.
- Vat submission must be done accurately & ready by the 10th business day of every month
- Complete all cashbook transactions correctly by the last day of the month. i.e. cheque acct, CFC acct, credit card & petty cash
- Making sure the cashbook and bank reconciliations are up to date and balanced
- Journals must be posted monthly and completed by the 5th business working day – depreciation (Accouting firm -Jacqi), fixed assets, loans, updating the fixed asset register, accruals etc
- Check petty cash reconciliation and sign off every month end
- GRVs must be captured the same day we received invoices with the correct values and quantities or within 24 hours
- Ensure that correct procedure is taken in the procurement, delivery of goods and documents filed accordingly.
- All goods delivered must be accompanied by a delivery note/invoice. Signed client Delivery notes must be filed correctly
- Invoicing to all clients must be checked for correctness e.g. tax, address, name, PO numbers, values etc
- Stock count to be done half yearly and financial year end complete the process in Pastel- Adfin (Accounting firm) does the count and you coordinate it and make journal is complete.
- Explain all variances
- Do all the banking of cash payments if any
- Perform monthly intercompany account reconciliations and send these to branches every month end.
- Capture and reconcile staff loans and advance accounts monthly -3rd of every month.
- Send email to the bank, instructing to credit our account, on all foreign payments received, within 24 hours of notification from the bank.
- Conduct business modelling and forecasting
- Keep abreast of laws and regulations that apply to the accounting practice or field to maintain up- to -date compliance
- Prepare financial reports and supporting schedules
- Assess the financial implication of new or existing ventures
- Analyse change and conduct risk assessments
- onitor cash flow
- Presents or defends system/data integrity and financial practices
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost -reduction opportunities
- Monitoring and approving expenditure throughout the budgetary processing
- Identifying budget issues, provides alternative solutions and resolve problems
Manage the development and implementation of new or enhanced policies and procedures as required in response to sensitive and complex issues or requirements.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT & REPORTING, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT & SUPPORT- 15%
Accurate and on time transaction recording, pricing, budgetary and cost control to enable a true representation of the organisation’s performance periodically.
- Produce daily, weekly and monthly reports on time and accurately – Debtors Age Analysis, Creditors and Expenses schedules, Sales Analysis report, top 10 customers, cash receipting etc.
- Management Accounts reports are due 10th working day of the month. Check with
Adfin that they send their Management reports on time.
- Assist with any adhoc requests without delay
- Analyse financial data to ensure efficient use of resources
- Oversee the preparation of management reports and approved budgets
- Use various software applications to assemble, manipulate and /or format data and reports.
- Knows the goals, standards, policies and procedures which may include some familiarity of other departments within the group
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercise judgement and assumes responsibility for decisions, on people, costs, and /or quality of service within the functional area
- Liaising with other members of the team and across the business.
Execute administrative and credit functions with meticulous accuracy and following up on payments in a tactful manner. Maintain a target of 80% debtors in 30 days and current. In addition, supplier payments must be in line with terms, delays communicated promptly.
- Make sure that creditors are all paid on time-within agreed terms. Monitor and manage all payments to creditors ensuring accuracy of debits/payments
- Creditors recon is done and submitted to CEO/Country Manager by the 20th of every month
- Return to supplier should be processed timeously for all returned stock.
- Any handling fee, obtain invocie from supplier for processing
- Weekly reconciliation of debtors.
- Send monthly statements to all debtors and make telephonic follow ups to all debtors
- Process credit notes where applicable only on authorised returned goods
- Make sure goods are not issued to COD customers without payment unless there is an approved arrangment in place.
- Collect all debt for COD customers before month end.
- Reconcile all creditors accounts by 20th of every month. Adfin should receive supplier statements by the 15th
- Send to management a cashflow analysis showing how the current credit situation will be met
- Follow up with the company lawyer/ Debt Collector on debtors handed over for collection – Bi-Weekly.
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS – 5%
Monitor data integrity of Pastel, correcting any information misrepresented and needing attention.
- Make sure that customer information in Pastel is complete and accurate. i.e. all vat numbers for vat registered clients
- Other accounting records in Pastel such as products, grouping pricing have to be maintained and accurate at all times.
- RTS and CRN have to be posted, allocated accurately and immediately
- Make sure that all original documents are collected and kept safe i.e. import documents and bank statements.
STAFF MANAGEMENT- 15%
Ensure all subordinate staff conduct themselves in the best interest of the company at all times.
- Supervise subordinate staff including, hiring, recommendations, determining
workload and delegating assignments, training, monitoring and evaluating performance
- Exchange non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills
- Regular and continuous management of the function, requiring the formulation and implementation of staff and management development plans.
- Proven bookkeeping experience
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software
- Proficiency in English and in MS Office
- Customer service orientation and negotiation skills
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- BS degree/Equiv Graduate qualification in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration.
- Thorough understanding of the ICT Sector or industry.
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.