CARITAS CZECH REPUBLIC
an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation, will be implementing a Project with title ‘Capacity Building of Farmers in Value Chains Development’ in Mongu District of Western Province, Zambia, is looking for a
- Manages and coordinates the project implementation of the project in Western Province;
- Ensures that technical, financial, and administrative activities are carried out according to CCR and donor standards (outputs, outcomes delivered according to CCR and donor requirements and project document);
- Bears responsibility for achieving targeted project outputs and indicators;
- Participates in the facilitation of Value Chain Development related trainings;
- Participates in the capacity building of farmers in business skills and business plan development;
- Participates in value chain and market analysis, data collection and processing and report production;
- Prepares regular progress reports for internal and donor purposes;
- Maintains project financials, works with and supports the Finance Manager to ensure that appropriate systems and procedures are in place and being followed;
- Produces brochures, success stories, and other materials to promote the program’s successes within CCR and the broader development community;
- Manages and evaluates local project staff;
- Actively seeks and establishes partnership and linkages with institutions and private companies relevant to project implementation
- Maintains excellent relations with partner institutions and relevant governmental authorities;
- Formally represents Caritas Czech Republic on project sites;
- Cooperates on formulation and preparation of national strategy and mission development in the country.
- Tertiary (university) education in agribusiness, agriculture, value addition/value chain development, agriculture marketing;
- At least 3 years of experience in Agribusiness, Value chains, Value addition, Agriculture Marketing;
- Proven experience in value chain development, especially of mango, cassava and cashew value chains is an advantage;
- Proven experience in project formulation, implementation, project cycle, project identification at least 3 years;
- Experience with project management and management of project team;
- Good networking skills
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills, professional manners;
- Fluent in English – excellent written and spoken skills;
- Experience working for international organizations or NGOs;
- Experience dealing with governmental, non-governmental bodies;
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment;
- Good time management, commitment, team worker, innovative, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure;
- Understanding of financial management and budgetary skills;
- Excellent ability to use Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Experience in foreign countries, preferably developing countries is an advantage;
- Experience with UN, EU funds, USAID preferred.
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the 17th October 2018 17:00 to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or at our office (Namboard Area, Plot no.634,Mongu or 23 Mwalule Road,off Makishi Road,Northmead,Lusaka).. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Duty station: Mongu, Mongu District Western Province, Zambia
Starting date: November 2018
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Project Coordinator– VC.
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Project Coordinator – VC– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Project Coordinator – VC – cover letter
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage