CEC Liquid Telecom, a leading ICT company specialising in supplying broadband services and internet over fibre and LTE as a national and international carrier services to ISPs, mobile and fixed ICT operations in Zambia and Africa, require suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the following vacant position:
To work with the legal Counsel in the provision of legal services to management and ensure that the Companys legal, commercial and corporate interests are protected at all times and thereby contributing to the viability and profitability of CEC Liquid Telecommunication Limited.
- Provision of Legal Advice on Cornrnercial Transactions – To provide advice on risk management of commercial transactions and to participate in negotiating such transactions to ensure realisation of maximum benefits to CEC Liquid Telecommunication.
- Provision of day to day Legal Advice – To provide day to day legal advice to management to ensure that the Company is safe-guarded against legal risks and liabilities.
- Lega Research – To conduct preliminary legal research on matters as may arise in the day to day operations of the Company in the most effective and efficient manner to ensure that the same are with the philosophy to Do It Right the First Time.
- Relevant Legislations – To monitor changes in all legislation relevant to the Telecommunications sector to reman current with developments in the law and provide such general interpretaton of the law as may be relevant to CEC Liquid elecommunication.
- Commercial Contracts – To prepare preliminary drafts and reviews of commercial contracts and scrutinise all legal documents including in-house and third-party contracts to ensure that tip interests of the Company are protected in all commercial transactions.
- Court Process documents – T0 prepare draft court process documents and attending to litigation and the provision of effective and efficient representation in legal actions before Courts, at tribunals and other judicial bodies to ensure maximum protection of Company interests.
- Monitoring of Regulatory Compiance – To assist in the periodic monitoring of the Companies compliance to all applcable legislation.
- Statutory Compliance follow-ups – Filing of various documentation at PACRA and Follow up on various applicatiors with various statutory authorities and bodies.
- Ad hoc Assignments and Projects – To perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Head Legal Counsel & Regulatory.
Qualifications and Experience
Degree in Human Resoure Management or relevant qualification or Diploma in Human Resources Management or relevant qualification with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in the human resources field and a full Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
Applications should be sent electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday, 12 January 2018.
Only candidates who meet the above job specifications will be invited for interviews.