Law Lecturer (2 Positions)
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching fundamental undergraduate law courses.
- Assistance with administration of the undergraduate and graduate Faculty of Law (FOL) program.
- Maintenance and observance of FOL quality assurance issues.
- Develops strategies to teach course content for the entire term/semester including instructional objectives, assignments, textbooks, weight of grades and delivery methods.
- Develops and provides to students, approved Northrise University syllabi and modules that follow a template established by the University, which includes terminal course objectives.
- Organizes, prepares and regularly revises and updates all course materials.
- Incorporates higher-level learning (i.e. application, analysis, synthesis and evaluation) by giving students opportunities to develop information literacy and problem-solving skills, and by connecting their current study to moot court assignments and previous/future study in the related disciplines.
- Adheres to University policies regarding disciplinary problems, including plagiarism or cheating.
- Models exceptional verbal and written communication.
- Organizes and sequences topics in a logical progression and paces the delivery to meet the needs of the class.
- Utilizes educational technology (such as PowerPoint, remote access to syllabi and grades, classroom projection systems, online courses or course components with interactive capabilities) to enhance learning.
- Establishes positive classroom relationships with students by being actively engaged in the classroom. Provides opportunities for in-class discussions and questions and displays enthusiasm about the students, the subject matter, and the learning process.
- Treats students’ academic needs seriously by being accessible for academic consultation before or after class, via official phone or e-mail.
- Creates an interactive classroom environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- At least three (3) years College-level teaching experience and industry experience.
- Master’s degree in Law or equivalent.
- Highly professional with ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Highly analytical and astute in applying the law in solving legal challenges
Job Application Process
When Northrise University lists available staff job opportunities and you wish to apply for one or more, please follow this process:
- Identify Job position you wish to apply for as listed on this page
- Write an Application for employment letter with the position specified
- Attach a resume and other documents including your complete education, work references, and employment information.
- Send the letter to NU using the post or the email address below
- After reviewing your Job Application, NU will send feedback
Human Resource Contact Details
All job inquires must be forwarded to the Human Resource Department. Please contact the department using the following details:
1098 Buteko Avenue,
P.O. Box 240271,
Tel: +260 212 622 195/6
Fax: +260 212 622 198
Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.