ZAMBIA MEDICINES REGULATORY AUTHORITY
The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) was set up by the Medicines and Allied Substances Act (No. 3) of 2013 as a statutory body responsible for medicine and allied substances regulation in
The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position of LEGAL MANAGER / BOARD SECRETARY.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Director General, the Legal Manager/Board Secretary provides legal and secretarial services to the Board and Management as well as tracking the implementation of Board resolutions; ensuring efficient; effective operations of board and promotion of best practice corporate governance. and representing the Authority in all court matters.
Specific duties under this role include:
- Attend to all board secretariat functions including preparing meeting agenda and schedules, minutes, reports, follow-up as well as providing guidance on Board procedure when needed;
- Advise the Authority on all legal matters to ensure that the interests of the Authority are safeguarded;
- Ensures the Authority is compliant with the laws, its constitutional documents and it’s mandates;
- Practical analysis and synthesis of legal documents to ensure the Authority operates within legal frameworks and safeguards all risks;
- Represent the Authority in court as necessary
- Prosecute violators/Offenders of the Medicines and Allied Substances Act No. 03 of 2013;
- Providing necessary legal advice to ensure the Authority complies with statutory requirements;
- Representing ZAMRA for matters before courts of law
- Safeguard the Authority from potential litigants and ensure all potential litigation is averted
- Coordinate with the office of the DPP on legal matters that are of public interest that affect the Authority
- Review legal implication in existing legislation and policies and recommends new legislation and amendments to existing legislation or policy;
- Prepares legal documents such as contracts and assignments on behalf of the Authority;
- Provides input into the budget preparation process;
- Perform any other duties as the supervisor may request from time to time Manage the Legal Unit oftheAuthority
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB).
- Advocate of the High Court of Zambia with 5 years post qualifying experience.
- Avalid Legal Practitioner’s Certificate.
- Knowledge of Legal drafting will be an added advantage
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strategic thinking and planning.
- Legal strategy development, formulation and implementation.
- Court practice and processes.
- Legal advisory and adjudication.
- Knowledge on corporate governa nce.
- Management of board affairs.
Interested Zambian citizens should send applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae that includes email / fax / telephone / cell phone numbers and certified copies of original certificates with three (03)
traceable references to:-
Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority
Plot No.6903 Tuleteka Road, Off Makishi Road
PO Box 31890
Closing date: 21st January 2018
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be notified.