Para-Legal Community Desk Officer | Young Women Christian Association | Lusaka | Full-Time
The YWCA Lusaka Branch with funding from GIZ is implementing a six (6) months Community Legal Services Project in Lusaka.
The Para-legal Community Desk Officer will address the unmet needs of the community and strengthen the capacity of residents to understand and act on their rights. She /he will be responsible for the implementation, monitoring of the Community Outreach Officers and preparation of timely reports for submission to the Paralegal Officer.
- Address the unmet needs of legal services for communities, and strengthen the capacity of residents to understand and act on their rights.
- Deal with diverse problems such as domestic violence against women, rape, child maintenance, and labour disputes, and abuse of children, the elderly, and people with disabilities.
- To practice restorative justice principles, using a holistic approach to help resolve issues or problems within families, and with traditional and state institutions.
- Link communities to Courts, Victim Support Unit, YWCA Shelters and Health Services especially defiled children and abused women.
- Make follow-ups on cases being handled and referred.
- To conduct legal and human rights awareness raising activities in their communities, including visiting schools to make presentations on issues effecting learners such as teenage pregnancy, drug and alcohol abuse, child abuse, peer pressure, and bullying.
- To undertake outreach work in the form of community workshops and presentations to members of the community on central community problems and topics of interest.
Paralegal Officer – Working as a member of the programmes department, the Paralegal Community Desk Officer will report and be directly supervised by the Paralegal Officer.
QUALIFICATIONS AND KEY COMPETENCIES
- A higher Certificate or Diploma in Law or any related field with at least 3 years work experience as Paralegal or legal officer.
- Work Clarity and Quality; have ability efficiently and effectively, demonstrated technical abilities, accurate and organized.
- Time Management; have focused approach to the tasks, punctual to work, effective management of competing priorities to meet organisational deadlines.
- Leadership and team work; demonstrated team spirit through active participation in organisational processes, manage groups/teams, check progress & offer support/advice, help people know what is needed and coach people through tasks & guided performance.
- Self –Confidence; work confidently within agreed parameters, confidently deal with any difficult situations and setbacks.
- Communications/information seeking; able and willing to communicate, able to present information effectively, both orally and in writing, able to collect information and use it to effectively communicate
Please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and Cover letter explaining your interest, and contact information and at least 3 professional references, by 23rd January, 2017 at 12:00 hours Central African Time. Please ensure that you mention www.zambianjobhunter.com as the source of this job advertisement.
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org