Bank of’ Zambia. an equal opportunity enoployer invites applications from suitably qualified Zambians to apply for the following vacant position:
1.0 LEGAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT
1.1 LEGAL COUNSEL (HO) (2 POSTS)
GRADE: BOZ 5
To provide legal services to the Bank in compliance with the provi sion of the law and in accordance with Bank Policies ill order to protect the Banks interests.
- Provide legal opinions and advise on the interpretation of relevant statutes to provide sound advice and ensure that operations are in accordance with the Law.
- Advise the Bank on new legislation and all legislative queries, amendments, repeals that may be proposed or considered.
- Review and draft of contracts, legislations, policies, rules and procedures and keep records thereof to protect the Bank’s and other stakeholders’ interests.
- Represent the Bank in court and attend to all litigation matters including the drafting of appropriate court process, interlocutory applications and generally to safeguard the interests of the Bank and other stakeholders in all active or pending court cases to ensure that favourable judgements are recorded where the Bank institutes the litigation or defends a matter.
- Prepare all case work for court litigation, mediation or ex-curia settlement which ever may occur.
- Identity and anange appropriate witnesses for pre trail briefs with external lawyers.
- Review judgments, pronouncements, determination of thc judicial bodies and advise the Bank on the effects of such decisions on the operations of the Bank.
- Prosecute matters under the Bank of Zambia Act, Banking and Financial Services Act and the National Payment Systems Act to enforce compliance with the law.
- Undertake conveyance on behalf of the Bank to protect the interest of the Bank.
- Collect and maintain, both electronic and hard copy- of all the relevant Acts, Statutory Instruments for the Bank.
Qualifications and Experience
- LLM, AHCZ- ASCZ + a valid practising certificate; with years relevant experience
- Grade 12 School Celtificate with five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better, including English & Mathematics).
Key Knowledge & Attributes
- Excellent Knowledge of High Court and Supreme Court Rules
- Good advocacy skills
- Good trial court skills
- Good knowledge of Zambian employment case law
- Excellent knowledge of the Banking and Financial Services
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
Bank of Zambia Conditions of Service will apply. Please note that all the positions are on Fixed Term Contract of Employment for three (3) years and renewable subject to good performance.
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications should apply enclosing their detailed curriculum vitae and certified photocopies of certificates to the undersigned not later than Monday, 19 February, 2018.
For more information, visit: www.boz.zm.
Women are encouraged io apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director— Human Resources
Bank of Zambia
P.O. BOX 30080