In line with our corporate priorities aimed at ensuring optimization of revenue collection and increased tax compliance on one hand and the need to effectively manage the numerous challenges and opportunities in the fast changing business environment on the other, we are seeking for highly motivated, result-oriented and well-qualified and experienced professionals to fill the following vacancies in the Legal Services Department;
MANAGER – LEGAL SERVICES: GRADE ZRA04 (02)
Reporting to the Assistant Director — Legal Services, the job holder will be responsible for litigation under the Tax Acts, reviewing of Legislation to ensure the efficiency of the legislation and its proper use, interpretation and enforcement by the Authority, compiling and writing reasoned legal opinions and carrying out research.
The main duties and accountabilities for this position include but not limited to the following;
- Attend to all contentious matters arising from the operations of the Authority;
- Represent the Authority in civil litigation,
- Prepare case work for court litigation, mediation or ex-curia settlement which ever may occur,
- Consider and review all Authority criminal prosecutions, investigations and appeals to the Tax Appeals Tribunal;
- Assist and advise the Authority on all legislative queries, amendments and repeals that may be proposed or considered;
- Assist and advise in the drafting of Acts, Statutory Instruments and administrative rules of the Authority and to maintain updated records and copies of the same;
- Collect and maintain, both electronic and hard copy, of all the relevant Acts and Statutory Instruments for the Authority;
- Review and revise all relevant legislation to ensure the efficiency of this legislation and the subsequent proper use;
- Research, compile and write reasoned legal opinions on all matters or issues as requested; and
- Review judicial judgments, pronouncements, determination of the Tax Appeals Tribunal or such other authority and advise the Authority on the effects of such decision on the operations of the Authority
- Grade twelve (12) School Certificate or Equivalent.
- Minimum of a University degree in Law from a recognised and reputable institution.
- Must be an advocate of the High Court for Zambia.
- Minimum of four (4) years at the bar.
- Paid up member of the Law Association of
- Zambia with a valid practicing licence/certificate.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Good research and report writing skills
- Principle with high level of integrity
- Analytical skills
- Excellent oral & Written communication
- Computer literacy
- Facilitation skills
- Time Management
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and Organisation
Only candidates who meet the above role specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their detailed CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Wednesday, 7th March, 2018.
The Director Human Resource
Zambia Revenue Authority
P. O. Box 35710