Investrust Bank Plc, a growing indigenous commercial bank listed on the Lusaka Stock Exchange, is looking for qualified, self-motivated, hardworking and enthusiastic individuals to fill the following positions that have fallen vacant.
Position title: Legal Assistant
Location: Head Office
Purpose of the Job
Reporting to Assistant Legal Counsel – Litigation & Debt Recoveries. Job holder will be required to function as professional Legal Assis tant to the In house Lawyers.
- To assist in the preparation of Legal contracts, deeds, leases and other legal papers of a routine nature.
- Research relevant statues, rulings and precedents to be used as a basis for answering requests for Legal opinions of a routine nature or limited scope.
- To perform preliminary work in the preparation of legal opinions.
- To conduct factual investigations of a limited scope.
- To prepare correspondence and pleadings related to the work.
- To update Legal Publications and participate in the work associated with a law library.
- To ensure that there is proper record keeping of all important documents in the Legal department.
- To prepare case notes, head notes and index entries describing the court’s final decisions on cases of interest to the Bank.
- To research relevant statutes, rulings and precedents to be used as a basis for preparing contested case decisions.
- To assist with the preparation of proposals for decision, final orders and other decisional documents resulting from q uasi-judicial hearing.
- To perform preliminary work in assessing requests filed under any Law or Regulation.
- To assist with preparing responses regarding Bank administration of regulatory and other Law.
- To review recent Legislation, court cases, correspondence and publications pointing out matters of note or which necessitate action.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LLB) , any Business related field or equivalent from a recognised University
- Must have 2 or more years of experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 0 levels
- Must be computer literate
Skills and Abilities Requires.
- Considerable knowledge of fundamental subjects in Law
- Considerable knowledge of research and analysis methods
Applications together with certified copies of certificates and CVs along with details of 3 references who can be reached/ contacted easily should reach the under listed address not later than 26th April, 2018
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Head – Human Resource & Administration
Investrust Bank Plc
P.O. Box 32344