Legal Manager | First National Bank | Lusaka, Zambia | Full Time
Legal Manager C – IRC146501
at Zambia, Lusaka, Zambia
Ends 20 Apr 2018
There is no about us detail available.
To Provide legal counsel to all business partners. Provide timely and effective strategic legal advice, support and guidance to manage legal risk across the Banks Business Units, ensuring compliance with legal framework. Ensure provision of legal services is timely, effective and of high standard for implementation of initiatives and measures to effect reduction of legal risk in all areas of the business.
experience and qualifications
- An LLB Degree from a recognized/reputable University.
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Zambia
- Minimum: 7 years at the bar with practice in commercial and corporate law, credit experience in documentation, collateral, collections, contracts, credit legal process and litigation, of which 3 years should have been at management level.
- At least 3 years’ post working experience in a busy law firm or legal department.
- Must be a paid-up member of the Law Association of Zambia and have a valid Practicing Certificate.
- Computer literate.
- Understanding of business principles.
- Identify, mitigate and manage all legal risks inherent in and arising out of the Bank business.
- Manage disputes with potential litigation to forestall litigation against the Bank.
- Manage the business litigation pre and post judgment in various areas of the law and advice on management of cases and options in order to safe guard the Bank’s interests.
- Provide legal input in the credit assessment process, effectively participate in managing legal credit risk associated with daily credit decision, smooth conclusion of credit and lending contracts and other documentation for both in country and cross border transactions.
- Drafting, vetting/reviewing Contracts, transaction and other legal documents entered, between the Bank with third parties and documentation thereof, ensuring interests of the Bank are secured
- Attend to perfection and discharge of securities, conveyance and other legal drafting as assigned from time to time.
- Assist in managing relationships with panel law firms and act as liaison between bank and external law-firms.
- Assist in training of business departments and induction for new staff thereby creating legal awareness of legal implications of their work.
- Prepare and update timeously where required detailed monthly and quarterly reports for the unit, External Audit, Regulators, Management Board and Group on significant legal cases and incidents
- Provision of sound legal opinions, briefs and commentary on legislation and other legal awareness materials.
- Attend to any other duties as assigned by the Legal Counsel.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://www.firstrandjobs.mobi/Jobs/Detail?refNumber=IRC146501 →