The Development Bank of Zambia (DBZ) is a development finance institution that influences the environment for access to finance for development by offering innovative, tailor made financing solutions, advisory services and technical support to viable local enterprises.
The Bank is looking for suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
LEGAL OFFICER (1)
Responsible for providing legal services to the Bank and Management.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Drafting and reviewing legal docu mentation, including term sheets, loan agreements, inter creditor agreements, security documentation, assignment agreements, shareholder agreements, subscription agreements, as well as other documentation depending on the nature of the project and the type of financing.
- Attending to the verification of any assets pledged as security to the Bankand ensuring that security is perfected diligeniy and on time.
- Undertaking litigation on behalf of the Bank including drafting of pleadings and making court attendances in order to ensure that the interests of the Bank are protected.
- Maintaining and updating records in relaton to security and litigation matters
- Providing legal advisory services and generally dealing wåh day to day legal matters related to
security and litigation.
- Providing legal support for the and monitoring of projects after and disbursements, including advising on waiver requests, approval requests and project work outs.
- Ensuing legal compliance with Development Bank of Zambia Policies ard rdevant Statutory and
- Regulatory required for a Development Finance Institution.
- Advising the Bank on new case law, amendments and enactments of the law as it affects the Bank and its operations.
- Undertaking such other assignments as required in the furtherance of the Department’s mandate and perfoming any other duties as maybe required by the Supervisor from time to time.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade twelve certificate with 5 ‘O’ level including Mathematics and English
- Bachelor’s of Laws Degree (LLB),
- A holder of a valid practicing certificate and an Advocate of the High Court for Zambia.
- Must possess not less than 5 years’ experience in a similar position in a reputable law firm, private,
public or statutory institution.
- Knowledge of Labour Laws and Regulations that affect the operations of a Financial and Statutory
Institution in Zambia.
- Experience in Banking and Financial Sector and or a Master of Laws Degree (LLM) will be a definite advantage
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should summit their application letters, CVs and Copies of Certificates to the undersigned:
Head Human Resource Procurement & Administration
Development Bank of Zambia,
P. O. Box 33955
Applications should be received not later 27th April, 2018.