The Development Bank of Zambia (DBZ) is a development finance institution that influences the environment for access to finance for development by offering innovative, tailor made financing solutions, advisory services and technical support to viable local enterprises.
The Bank is looking for suitably qualified persons to apply for the following position:
LEGAL ASSISTANT-REGULATORY (1)
Responsible for assisting manage aspects aimed at ensuring legal and regulatory compliance ofthe Bank.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that the Bank receives reliable legal opinions on any regulatory compliance matters
- Provide regulatory support, guidance and interpretation to Management on legal compliance issues relating to the regulatory requirements for a Development Finance Institution and a statutory public institution.
- Keeping abreast of changes in legislation and the regulatory environment as they relate to the Bank
and its operations and advising Management of any such changes and their implications.
- Designing, initiating and implementing compliance programs, policies and practices at improving regulatory compliance
- Maintaining awareness of industry trends in regards to regulatory changes
- Monitoring the performance of the Bank’s compliance on a continuing basis and taking appropriate steps aimed at improving it.
- Providing reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
- Undertaking such as required in furtherance of the Departments mnndate and
- Performing any otherduty as may be required by the Supervisorfrom time to time.
Education, Experience and Qualifications:
- Grade twelve certificate with 5 ‘O’ level including Mathematics and English
- Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB),
- Knowledge of Legislation and Regulations that affect the operations of a Fi nancial and Statutory
Institution in Zambia.
Skills and Specifications
- Must be Honest and must possess a high level of integrity
- Board Experience desirable
- Planning and organzation skills
- Report writing skills
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should summit their application letters, CVs and Copies of Certificates to the undersigned:
Head Human Resource Procurement & Administration
Development Bank of Zambia,
P. O. Box 33955
Applications should be received not later 27th April, 2018.