Director of Legal Services x3 | Local Government Service Commission | Lusaka, Zambia | Full Time
The Local Government Service Commission invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill
the listed vacant positions in various Local Authorities across the Country.
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR OF LEGAL SERVICES (03)
SALARY SCALE: LGSS/03
DEPARTMENT: LEGAL SERVICES
To provide legal services to the Council in order to ensure that it operates within the legal framework.
The candidate will be responsible for the following to:
- Manage and undertake timely presentation of court matters in order to safeguard Council interest
- Oversee timely processing of land applications in order to facilitate allocation and sustainable development
- Oversee effectively the preparation and execution of contracts in order to enhance contract management
- Oversee effectively the maintenance of the Deeds Register in order to facilitate property ownership
- Oversee effectively the issuance of licences in order to regulate the conduct of business
- Oversee timely the prosecution of criminal offences pursuant to the Local Government Act and other related legislation in order to enhance compliance
- Supervise and manage the human, financial and material resources in order to enhance the operations of the department
- Supervise and undertakes efficiently the implementation of performance management systems in order to facilitate im provement of performance and sustain performance.
The candidate must have:
- Full Grade Twelve (12)/Form Five 5 School Certificate with a minimum of Five (5) O Level credits including English Language and Mathematics;
- Minimum age of thirty-five (35) years;
- Bachelor of Laws Degree;
- Admitted as an Advocate of the High Court of Zambia;
- Five (5) years work experience; and
- Be a paid up member with a valid practising license from the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ).
For physical deliveries:
The Commission Secretary,
Local Government Service Commission,
New Government Complex,
7th Floor, IndependenceAvenue,
P. O Box 36931
The closing date for receiving applications is 31st May, 2018 and that only successful candidates will be communicated to.
Lazarous Mulenda, FZIHRM
LOCAL GOVERNMENT SERVICE COMMISION