Zambia Bureau of Standards (ZABS) is a statutory body established by Act Number 4 of 2017 to support industry in the production of goods and services of acceptable quality tbr national and international markets. The Act mandates ZABS, among others, to undertake Standardization, Product certification, testing and training services.
The Zambia Bureau of Standards wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals to fill the following vacant position:
Lead Auditor – Food & Beverages
The Lead Auditor manages a team of auditors in the performance of quality, food safety, health and safety, environmental audits in client companies in the food and beverage Sector, ensuring that audits comply with applicable standards, certification scheme rules and regulations, procedures and guidance. The Lead Auditor may also participate in audits as a co-auditor.
A. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare detailed audit plans for a customer audit
- Review customer file and, in particular, site information, product/services, sectori legislation, previous audit results and outstanding corrective actions, when applicable, direct and lead team of auditors, when assigned as the lead auditor
- Interact directly with customer personnel at all levels of management in interviewing and collecting audit evidence
- Prepare verbal closing meeting feedback repofis, with audit recommendations
- Prepare written audit reports in a timely manner
- Provide timely and accurate review Ofcustomer corrective actions and closure ofnon-conformities.
- Provide technical support and stafftraining to enhance the service capability ofthe business
- When required, to provide technical guidance to customers and participate in customer training workshops
- Support business development activities as required (including follow up and/or-referral of enquiries, sales visits, assistance at events, seminars, etc.) to enable on-going growth ofthe business
- Participate in the development of new or improved food sector-related services to be DITered or currently offered by ABS as requested by management
B. QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND PERSONALAITRIBUTES
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science or related discipline years ofexperience in the food sector in a production or quality assurance role
- A Lead Auditor Certificate in food safety systems and/or qual ity systelns will be an added advantage.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including tact and diplomacy
- Excellent presentation skills and expertise
- Ability to write clearly and produce accurate reports
- Computer literate, integrity, supervisory skills and able to work with minimum supervision.
The positions are in the Permanent and Pensionable conditions ofservice category.
If you feel you have the necessary qualifications and personal attributes for the job, please send your application letter together with copies of education and professional certificates and a detailed C.V to the undersigned on or before 5th June, 2018.
The Human Resources and Administration Manager
Zambia Bureau of Standards
P.O. Box 50259